Monday, 21 January 2013

The Hero In My Eyes

I am posting this as I came across this question in English class in my school. Well, while my friends chose people like Superman or Steve Jobs(because in my school it is compulsary to buy a Macbook Pro to 'learn', but most of the time I use it to watch One Piece, my favourite anime), I chose a very simple yet good answer-my Mom.

Why did I choose my Mom? Simple. Because I love her. And, other than that, I also find that she is more heroic than Batman, Superman, Spiderman, you name it. And that's because she can persevere until the very end of all ordeals, and she will never ever in a million years - give up. She is an extremely strong woman, as demonstrated when a few days back, our family car that we had relied on for about 7 years now(now that's a pretty old car);a car that had ferried us to and fro all the way from Singapore to Malaysia and many other memorable journeys; a car that we are very fond of and was nicknamed "Marchie"(because its model was a Nissan March) broke down at a crucial moment right when we were going to leave for home in a parking lot in IKEA. We tried to turn on the engine, but our efforts were fruitless. We had no choice but to call for a mechanic. Fifteen minutes later when the mechanic arrived, we waited for about 30 minutes just to hear the mechanic say in dismay: "I'm very sorry but I am unable to fix the car. It turns out that the starter was damaged." After that, my mother still willingly paid the mechanic $15 even though Marchie was not fixed. As a result, she had to pay another $60 to tow Marchie to the workshop to repair. Then, early the next morning, in order to reach her workplace, my Mom had to cycle all the way to work(which is not surprising as she loves and is excellent at cycling). Then at half past three in the afternoon, she received a call from the workshop saying that the fees would be more than $500. And what did my poor Mom do? She accepted the fact and prayed to God. And what happens the next day? She received a call to tell her that Marchie has been repaired for only $300! So I think you can tell how great our God is. So anyway, now Marchie is back on the road. And I can tell you, we are NOT rich. But despite that, my Mom tries her very best to please me when I'm down by buying what I ask for when I'm down, and laughing with me when I'm happy. Now I regret asking her to buy stuff for me, because now she has lesser money in her wallet compared to mine. And to thank her for being such a great mom, I gave her $10 when we got home.

So if you have read that whole chunk of sentences in one paragraph, it is not hard to understand why I respect my mom and why she is the hero in my eyes. No matter how hard times are, I don't need to worry about her because I know that she can definitely manage herself and pull through, which is no easy task to accomplish. Not that I know of any superheroes that can do that (because I'm not really a big fan of Marvel or DC Comics).

See, a hero in your eyes doesn't have to have the ability to fly, turn invisible or have an invincible body to...well...be a hero. Who's your hero?








No comments:

Post a Comment